THE DARK REPORT
21806 Briarcliff Dr.
Spicewood, Texas 78669
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Ron Martin
AUSTIN, Texas (February 5, 2016) — Clinical diagnostic laboratories are an indispensable component of modern healthcare. Yet labs, which often operate as separate business units or even as separate businesses, are facing increased competition from within the industry as well as a push for increased efficiency with lower levels of reimbursement. Without having reliable, concrete business metrics at their fingertips, laboratory managers are finding it increasingly difficult to make the most effective operational decisions and efficiently troubleshoot problems.
“Clinical laboratory managers and directors are recognizing the need to do things differently in order to more quickly identify performance issues, improve TATs, ensure accurate resulting, boost their lab’s productivity, and speed customer inquiry responses,” stated Robert L. Michel, Editor-in-Chief of The Dark Report. “These same lab directors are learning about the crucial role that a healthcare-specific business intelligence system can play in their labs, and how combined with smart workflow redesigns, the right tools can lead to significant and measurable improvements in both their laboratory’s productivity, and lab client satisfaction.”
To help laboratory directors and managers learn more about using the power of real-time analytics in order to remain competitive, increase efficiency, and maximize profitability in today’s tough healthcare market, a special 90-minute webinar entitled “Harnessing the Power of Real-Time Analytics: How to Optimize Your Lab Operations and Improve Service Levels in Measurable Ways” will be presented on Wednesday, February 24, 2016, at 1:00 PM EST.
The presenters for this webinar, Donna Cooper, MS, MBA, Manager for Laboratory Client Services and Test Utilization for Cleveland Clinic Laboratories, and Heather Hargis, BS, MT(ASCP), Laboratory Quality and Performance Improvement Manager at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, have rich combined experience and understanding of the range of issues facing today’s laboratory client services teams, and how workflow redesign methods combined with a robust CRM can help labs get more done, with more accuracy, and with far less expense.
Just some of the valuable information to be presented during this 90-minute webinar:
- Challenges involved with adopting new business intelligence tools, and how to overcome these challenges
- Identifying deficiencies in the lab’s present system and processes, and how to best adapt current technology
- The value of being able to access data needed, when it is needed, and access it independently
- Why the benefits of timely and reliable metrics cannot be overstated
- Essential elements of best practice performance, and how other respected laboratories are achieving their goals
- Capabilities, and constraints of software solutions, how to evaluate the various options, and choosing the appropriate solution
- Understanding why integrating the lab’s information systems with other sources of data in the organization is necessary to support continuous improvement
- Effective techniques to gain staff support of improvements as they are implemented
- How a good business intelligence solution can expedite planning for business expansion, results translated to positive patient outcomes, and more
As an extra value-added benefit of this webinar, the end of the session will be opened up for a live Q&A. For more information about “Harnessing the Power of Real-Time Analytics: How to Optimize Your Lab Operations and Improve Service Levels in Measurable Ways,” and to view webinar details including presenter biographies and pricing, visit http://bit.ly/1UQKGR0. You may also contact Ron Martin at 512-264-7103.
About THE DARK REPORT
Established in 1995, THE DARK REPORT is the leading source of exclusive business intelligence for laboratory CEOs, COOs, CFOs, Pathologists and Senior industry executives. It is widely read by leaders in laboratory medicine and diagnostics. The Dark Report produces the famous Executive War College on Laboratory and Pathology Management every spring, which showcases innovations by the nation’s and globe’s leading laboratory organizations. Dark Daily is an Internet-based e-briefing intelligence service, read worldwide by thought leaders in laboratory and pathology management. Other well-known conferences conducted by THE DARK REPORT are Lab Quality Confab (on the use of Lean and Six Sigma methods in labs and hospitals) and Molecular Summit (on the integration of in vivo and in vitro diagnostics). THE DARK REPORT co-produces Frontiers in Laboratory Medicine annually in the United Kingdom; Executive Edge bi-annually in Canada; and The Business of Pathology bi-annually in Australia.