Transforming Lab Middle Managers
into Top-Performing Team Contributors!
Two days of tailored learning for your lab’s management leaders!
Send your lab’s best management talent and most
promising young leaders to this two-day intensive!
Laboratory Managers Leadership Workshop
Coming this fall to a city near you:
Four Great Cities!
Four Convenient Dates!
October 12-13, 2010
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport Hotel
October 26-27, 2010
Hilton San Francisco Airport Hotel
November 2-3, 2010
DoubleTree Chicago O’hare
November 16-17, 2010
Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport Hotel
Meet Your Leader and Guide
Jeff Smith brings over 20 years of experience as an executive in human resources and operations in both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. He currently works with Slone Partners providing Leadership Development for Laboratory Professionals and teaches for Titan Management University.
Smith was a key team member in the transformation of the management culture at topperforming Carilion Laboratories in Roanoake, Virginia, and worked for Capital One. As Director of Human Resources for Carilion Labs, he had a seminal role in designing and driving culture change, implementing sucession planning, and creating coaching tools for laboratory leaders.
Smith has earned high marks from laboratory professionals who participated in recent lab management educational programs offered by THE DARK REPORT. He teaches a collaborative approach that helps laboratory managers, directors, and administrators determine their vision, then craft a plan for achieving this vision in their professional and personal lives. His area of expertise in HR includes: organizational development, organizational change, succession planning, executive coaching, team building, leadership development, and recruiting.
Jeff graduated cum laude with a BBA from James Madison University in management and history. He holds an MA from George Washington University in Human Resource Development. Additionally, Jeff graduated from Georgetown University with an Executive Coaching and Leadership certificate and became a fellow of the Advisory Board in 2006. Jeff is a certified Professional Coach (PCC) by the International Coaching Federation.
It’s our Super-Special Tuition
for the Extra-early Bird!*Register by August 1st, 2010
and your tuition will be only:
Full Registration is normally:
Who Should Attend
Workshop is appropriate for up-and-coming middle managers, senior managers, and administrators; any lab manager tasked with achieving business goals and boosting staff productivity, such as:
- Operational department managers
- Clinical department managers
- Pathology administrators
- Director-level managers, including operations, logistics, IT, sales, marketing, client support
- Administrators at all levels
- Clinical section managers
- Supervisors on the management track
- Supervisors at all levels
Two days of hands-on learning, useful case studies, and great networking
- New ways to engage your lab’s culture that turbocharge productivity and profits!
- Proven methods that motivate lab staff to achieve stretch goals on time and on budget!
- Charting your personal and organizational vision—setting a road map for success!
- Increase your lab’s productivity by improving your lab’s middle managers’ effectiveness!
- How to evaluate your team and identify the barriers to increased performance and profitability
- Becoming the better coach: why it works and how to pick your best coaching candidates!
- Know your preferred leadership style and how to use it to motivate staff and improve teamwork!
- Succession planning essentials: prepare your lab for the coming wave of retiring managers and staff!
- Best ways to develop talented staff members with limited time and a bare-bones budget!.
- Effective methods to retain top producers with a management career path they appreciate!
- Simple steps to teach your managers better people-management skills.
- Achieving the high-performance culture in your lab: unleashing your managers’ creativity!
- Understand how to get the wrong people off your bus!
- Secrets to leading Baby Boomer’s, Gen-Xer’s, and Millennials!
- It’s all about vision: best ways to align your lab’s growth goals with your personal career path!
- Recognize your lab’s superstars and how to energize them to greater achievement!