FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Free Webinar: Next Step for Molecular Diagnostics and Antimicrobial Resistance: How to Maximize Advanced Technology in the Lab
AUSTIN, TEXAS (August 19, 2022) – Advanced diagnostics are being used to rapidly diagnose infections and help in the fight against antimicrobial resistance. However, part of the challenge is that many lab directors and healthcare providers don’t know how to use these tools appropriately. A webinar hosted by Dark Daily will help lab professionals better understand how to work collaboratively with physicians and pathologists to improve their antimicrobial stewardship interventions and protocols.
During the 1pm EDT, September 14 program, Next Step for Molecular Diagnostics and Antimicrobial Resistance: How to Maximize Advanced Technology in the Lab, attendees will:
- Learn about the evolution of antibiotic resistance, common causes, and current trends
- Be able to identify gaps in reporting and care that may accelerate resistance, delay treatment of infections, and contribute to adverse events associated with antibiotic use
- Gain insights and review the evidence toward collaborative and effective antibiotic stewardship programs
- Learn how changes in lab testing practices can impact clinical decision making with challenging infections
- Hear new perspectives on the lab’s responsibility in generating and communicating data that supports standards for monitoring and benchmarking antibiotic use
- Review ethical considerations of overprescribing antibiotics, and discuss how clinical labs can help with the problem of antibiotic overutilization
For more information and to register for this free one-hour program sponsored by ThermoFisher Scientific, click here. Can’t make the live program? Register anyway to receive a link to stream the program on demand after the webinar.
About The Dark Intelligence Group
Since 1995, The Dark Intelligence Group (TDIG), publisher of The Dark Report which produces the Executive War College, has been the clinical laboratory industry’s pre-eminent source for essential market intelligence and business news. It provides strategic information and training to independent lab companies, hospitals and health systems, and pathology group practices. TDIG also offers access to IVD companies seeking to get their solutions in front of our large and loyal list of clinical lab and pathology executives through actionable, relevant and high-quality content vehicles and networking opportunities..