UPDATED & REVISED!
COVID-19 Employee Testing and Screening Programs: Essential Guidance on Legal, Risk Management, Regulatory, and Compliance Issues for All Employers
Updated & Revised January 2021 | 128 Pages | Limited-time Price: $299.50 (Regular price: $599) Save 50%
COVID-19 employee testing and screening programs are a necessary consideration in 2021—but unfamiliar and risky territory for organizations
With greater understanding about the virus (SARS-CoV-2) and the disease it causes (COVID-19), as well the development of a range of tests and tools designed to respond to the threats, many organizations—even those that would not normally engage in workplace testing—are assessing how they will approach health and safety in their hospitals, health systems, workforce, customer, and student communities.
The problem is that implementation of an employee COVID-19 screening and testing program is fraught with unknowns. Decision-makers at hospitals, health systems, businesses, universities, local school districts, and beyond have found themselves navigating an unfamiliar landscape.
This new special report, COVID-19 Employee Testing and Screening Programs: Essential Guidance on Legal, Risk Management, Regulatory, and Compliance Issues for All Employers, draws upon the expertise of top-tier legal and regulatory experts and serves as the essential reference for those either embarking on a COVID-19 employee testing and screening program or reviewing a program already in place.
Expert guidance and tools to build an iron-clad COVID-19 employee testing and screening program
COVID-19 Employee Testing and Screening Programs: Essential Guidance on Legal, Risk Management, Regulatory, and Compliance Issues for All Employers is a one-of-a-kind, comprehensive guide to understanding the complicated maze of legal, risk management, regulatory, and compliance requirements that govern COVID-19 testing. With this 128-page report, anyone involved in employee screening and testing receives valuable, actionable information on the numerous and complex local, state, and federal requirements that they must understand and address to minimize risk of lawsuits, regulatory enforcement actions, and penalties from compliance violations.
The Dark Intelligence Group (TDIG)—the business intelligence service most attuned to the work of clinical laboratory testing and pathology groups—developed this report not only for clinical lab and pathology leaders, but also decision-makers within hospitals, health systems, businesses, universities, local school districts, and beyond. This report draws primarily upon a selection of top-tier legal and regulatory experts that regularly advise TDIG’s portfolio of industry-leading products.
“Even for healthcare providers, such as hospitals, health systems, and nursing homes, that have been involved with COVID-19 screening and testing since much earlier in the pandemic, it is essential to make sure something has not been overlooked that could expose your organization to liability,” warns Elizabeth Sullivan, who contributed to the report and co-chairs the healthcare group of law firm McDonald Hopkins, LLC. For most healthcare organizations, the return-to-work policies and COVID-19 employee testing programs may have been implemented with minimal guidance and unproven best practices on the front side of the pandemic curve.
Table of contents and authors
- Address COVID-19 Individual Test Eligibility Considerations, by Charles Dunham, Esq., and Christopher Koepke, Esq., Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Understand and Follow Order requirements for COVID-19 Testing, by David Gee, Esq., Davis Wright Tremaine
- Privacy Considerations for COVID-19 Screening, Testing, and Contact Tracing, by Michael S. Arnold, J. Corbin Carter, Cynthia J. Larose, and Karen S. Lovitch, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Contractual and Liability Issues in Employer COVID-19 Testing Arrangements, by Richard S. Cooper, Esq., Elizabeth Sullivan, Esq., and Miriam Rosen, Esq., McDonald Hopkins, LLC
- Infection Prevention and OSHA Compliance in the Time of COVID-19, by Marge McFarlane, PhD, MT(ASCP), CJCP, CHSP, CHFM, MEP, HEM, Superior Performance Consultants, LLC
- Ten QUICK-HIT Regulatory Essentials When Launching a COVID-19 Testing Program, by Judith A. Waltz, Esq., Foley and Lardner, LLP
- CASE STUDY: Northwell Health Labs: Apply Appropriate COVID-19 Testing Methodology to Each Situation, by Kimberly Scott
- CASE STUDY: Disruptor of Connector? UDoTest Matches Clinical Laboratory SARS-CoV-2 Test Capacity with COVID-19 Employee Screening Programs, by Kimberly Scott
- Sample forms and documents: In addition to the chapters above, the report includes a toolkit of sample forms to assist in the development of screening questionnaires, consent forms, and orders for testing as well as a dozen related articles from TDIG’s Dark Daily and The Dark Report.