Achieving High Production Lab Automation and Lean Workflow: What Lab Managers should know before issuing the RFP
Today’s clinical laboratories are under the constant challenge to produce ever-faster turnaround times, while reducing errors. As pressure intensifies to cut healthcare costs, laboratories are relying increasingly on automation not only to achieve these goals, but also to improve patient care and maintain lab profitability.
Partial or total automation offers an ideal solution for the tougher demands being placed on clinical diagnostic laboratories, including downward pressure on reimbursements. It has become a well-accepted technology— one that allows high quality, efficient, and patient-centric operation with low operating costs. But choosing the right lab automation system can be a daunting experience due to both budget constraints and design differences between systems offered in the marketplace.
The Dark Report is pleased to offer a FREE White Paper providing practical insights and indispensable information to help lab managers and executives maximize their return-on-investment in a lab automation system, based on their own lab’s configuration, workflow, and budget. This paper outlines a multi-step plan for analyzing a lab’s processes to determine how well a specific lab automation system might fit or integrate into the lab’s current workflow and existing systems and technologies. The White Paper also offers an overview of important considerations and questions to ask when evaluating the different systems.
This FREE White Paper specifically addresses:
- The top 10 reasons why automation projects often fail
- Steps to take to assist you in selecting a laboratory automation solution that meets your current needs and expectations, as well as future goals
- Checklists for evaluating your existing lab system
- Potential changes to workflow processing prior to introducing automation, to improve efficiency and productivity in ways that automation cannot
- How incorporating LEAN processes can produce the greatest benefits in conjunction with automation
- Five clinical laboratory areas that are significantly improved by automation
- Key components to take into account when evaluating various automation options, in order to achieve your laboratory’s goals
- Other important considerations when comparing proposals from your vendors of interest
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Pre-Automation Considerations for Medical Laboratories
Chapter 2: Automation as a Key LEAN Strategy for Clinical Labs of All Sizes
Chapter 3: Evaluating Clinical Laboratory Automation Systems
Automation has the ability to transform a laboratory’s processes, and by doing so reduce costs, boost quality, decrease errors, increase volume, and streamline workflow—while at the same time addressing the issue of workforce shortages. But in order for automation to achieve these goals, choosing the right lab automation solution is crucial. If you are a laboratory manager or executive, this White Paper can provide essential information to aid you in your automation decision-making process.
If you are a laboratory manager or executive, this White Paper can provide essential information to aid you in your automation decision-making process. Download your FREE copy of “Buyer’s Guide for Clinical Laboratory Automation – Achieving High Production Lab Automation and Lean Workflow: What Lab Managers should know before issuing the RFP.”