Upcoming Lab Quality Confab features “world class” cost-cutting methods and experts
Belt-tightening by clinical labs and pathology groups continues as the current economic recession approaches the end of its second full year. To generate additional cash, a significant number of labs report aggressive belt-tightening on the operations side of the business.
This is particularly true of hospital and health system labs. Many have been asked by their administration to reduce spending below budgeted levels in order to allow the parent hospital to accumulate cash. Since baseline budgets for most hospital labs are already established at parsimonious levels, this compounds the difficulty of cutting costs to free up cash for the parent hospital.
Cutting costs, trimming unnecessary spending, and operating below existing budgets will be a primary theme of the upcoming 3rd annual Lab Quality Confab. More than 40 speakers will be at the Atlanta Hilton on September 29-30, 2009, making this a timely opportunity for clinical lab managers, pathologists, and practice administrators to learn how to safely and rapidly trim unnecessary costs from their lab operations—while boosting quality and productivity at the same time.
With a full three months left in the calendar year, labs still have the opportunity to deliver substantial cost reductions to their parent organization. This can happen because Lean management methods are designed for swift implementation. For example, at Lab Quality Confab, presentations will provide easy step-by-step templates for conducting three to five day kaizen events that rapidly deliver substantial cost reductions while maintaining and improving quality. A sampling of these powerful sessions:
- Inventing the “Mini-Lean Model” to Achieve Fast, Lean, Efficient Results; presented by Hannah Proczter, Assistant Vice President of Laboratories; Ed Giugliano, Ph.D., Project Coordinator, Black Belt, North Shore LIJ Health System Laboratories, Lake Success, New York.
- Lean Six Sigma Makeover of Patient Registration Billing Process Triggers More Collected Revenue; presented by Bill Romanelli, Manager, Outreach, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC.
- Easy Steps to Internally Benchmark Your Lab and Unlock Major Improvements; presented by Patrick Maul, Principal Consultant, BD Diagnostics Healthcare Consulting, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey.
These sessions are crafted specifically to help you achieve three simultaneous goals: One, to achieve substantial cost savings; two, to swiftly boost productivity; and, three, to sustain or increase quality. It is why you and your lab team should attend this year’s Lab Quality Confab on Quality Management in Diagnostic Medicine on September 29-30, 2009 at the Hilton Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia.
These 40+ sessions and topics cover the full range of laboratory and pathology operations, ranging from specimen collection and courier logistics to using Lean with automation in the high-volume core laboratory. Poster sessions will take place, and national awards and prizes totaling $4,000 will be awarded. To see topics, speakers, and all the events at Lab Quality Confab, visit http://www.labqualityconfab.com.
Your laboratory has the time and the resources to produce substantial cost savings in the remaining months of 2009. For that reason, you should make plans today to join us at Lab Quality Confab. This comprehensive event is your one-stop resource to launch your clinical lab and pathology group on the fast-track to impressive cost savings and world-class performance. Reserve your place at Lab Quality Confab today!
- Full program information and speaker agenda for Lab Quality Confab
- Complete details about the Lean-Six Sigma Poster Presentations, National Trophies, and Cash Awards, along with Poster Presentation Application and Abstract forms
Four Easy Ways to Register:
1. Register ONLINE
2. Call 800-560-6363. Our friendly staff can register you quickly and easily, as well as answer any questions you may have.
3. Fax this complete registration form to 512-264-0969
4. Mail the one page form with payment to:
THE DARK REPORT
21806 Briarcliff Dr.
Spicewood, TX 78669