THE DARK REPORT
21806 Briarcliff Dr.
Spicewood, TX 78669
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Kristen Noonan
AUSTIN, Texas (May 17, 2021) – DARK Daily today announced “Getting Paid for COVID-19 Test Claims: Prepare for Audits, Maximize Reimbursement, and Navigate New Payer Trends,” a 90-minute webinar that is taking place Wednesday, May 19 from 1-2:30 pm EDT and available to stream on-demand after.
There are many reasons why clinical laboratories will either not be paid for COVID testing or, more likely, will be paid, but later face post-payment audits that result in the recoupment of some payments. As many clinical laboratory leaders know, a complex maze of federal and state guidelines looms over the clinical lab testing industry. This webinar will help clinical laboratories avoid medical necessity denials and deal with payer disputes, optimize COVID-19 test billing claims and capture revenue; and understand what actions to take now to navigate the emerging payer trends.
In this three-part webinar, Getting Paid for COVID-19 Test Claims, experts and guest speakers Caitlin Forsyth, Esq., and Kathryn F. Edgerton, Esq., from Davis Wright Tremaine, Diana W. Voorhees, Principal and CEO of DV & Associates Inc., and Steve Stonecypher, Managing Partner for Shipwright Healthcare Group, will cover the topic from legal & regulatory, coding & billing, and payer perspectives.
By attending this webinar, clinical laboratories can expect to:
- Understand the latest COVID-19 medical necessity coverage guidelines of Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurers
- Update their knowledge of coverage for pooled/surveillance testing for COVID-19
- Learn about potential OIG audits and commercial payer disputes headed our way
- Hear about novel funding sources for COVID-19 testing, including the HRSA uncompensated care fund and funding by state and local governments, and review the traditional funding sources for diagnostic testing
- Learn best practices for COVID-19 testing services agreements
- Receive an update on new codes for billing the administration of vaccines and why this is important for clinical laboratories
- And much more
“Getting Paid for COVID-19 Test Claims: Prepare for Audits, Maximize Reimbursement, and Navigate New Payer Trends” will take place Wednesday, May 19, 2021, at 1-2:30 pm and be available to stream on-demand after.
Click here for more information and to stream this free webinar.
For additional information, contact: Amanda Curtis, 512-264-7103
About DARK Daily: DARK Daily is a concise e-news/management briefing on timely topics in clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology group management. It is a solution to the dilemma facing anyone in the laboratory profession. New developments, new technology, and changing healthcare trends make it imperative to stay informed to be successful. At the same time, the Internet, cell phones, tablets, laptop computers, and wireless devices are overwhelming any one individual’s ability to absorb this crushing Tsunami of data.