THE DARK REPORT
21806 Briarcliff Dr.
Spicewood, TX 78669
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media Contact: Chris Garcia
AUSTIN, Texas (June 11, 2019) Opioid overuse and addiction continue to contribute significantly to health issues of the nation’s population and to the increased cost of healthcare, making it even more vital for providers to optimally prescribe for and monitor, in the safest manner, their patients using opioid drugs.
“The role of clinical laboratories in developing improvements within the continuum of care for this national health crisis is key,” stated Robert L. Michel, Editor-In-Chief of The Dark Report. “The lab can serve a facilitative and collaborative role by helping providers better understand drug test ordering and correct interpretation, and can add tangible value by simplifying and automating delivery of straightforward and actionable information to providers.”
In this role, and to most efficiently assist doctors, pharmacists, and providers tackle the opioid crisis—it is imperative that clinical labs integrate Lab 2.0 measures in order to implement responsible, effective, outcomes-based treatment plans. Clinical Lab 2.0 is the path that is urgent for labs to follow, in order to deliver results for both patients and providers as the challenge of managing opioid use is confronted.
This webinar, “Using Lab 2.0 to Combat Opioid-use Disorder: Lessons Learned and What Comes Next in Improving Patient Outcomes and Cost of Care,” being held Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 1 PM EDT, will describe the valuable skills and techniques your lab needs to move beyond Lab 1.0, and to identify and implement measures for new, Clinical Lab 2.0 value-based interventions. You’ll hear a case study of one institution where a clinical need emerged regarding chronic pain management, and how their lab partnered with primary care, psychiatry, pharmacy, and others both within and outside the organization, to improve patient care, provider confidence, and overall cost of care.
Expert presenters are Bernard C. Cook, PhD, DABCC, FACB, Division Head, Chemistry; Director, Automated Core Laboratory Operations,
Henry Ford Hospital, and Monique Dodd, Pharm D., PhC., MLS(ASCP)CM, Enterprise Clinical Solutions Specialist withTriCore Reference Laboratories.
During the 90-minute session, which will include an interactive Q&A session, webinar participants will:
- Define the basic principles of Clinical Lab 2.0 and its role in patient outcomes and cost of care
- Understand the critical success factors for delivering more value with lab testing services and Lab 2.0 projects
- Identify value-based interventions facilities can design using laboratory data to improve delivery of information to providers, and improve patient care for high-cost and high-risk health conditions, such as opioid-use disorder
- Recognize and reach key stakeholders and decision-makers to communicate the added value of projects and facilitate their success
- Develop a project roadmap, identify milestone achievements, and learn the use of results metrics to document added value
- Measure the clinical and fiscal outcomes of a Clinical Lab 2.0 project
- Use the skills gained to generate the reimbursement necessary to maintain the lab’s clinical excellence and financial stability
For more information about “Using Lab 2.0 to Combat Opioid-use Disorder: Lessons Learned and What Comes Next in Improving Patient Outcomes and Cost of Care,” and to view webinar details, click here.
About THE DARK REPORT
Established in 1995, The Dark Report is the leading source of exclusive business intelligence for laboratory CEOs, COOs, CFOs, Pathologists and Senior industry executives. It is widely-read by leaders in laboratory medicine and diagnostics. The Dark Report produces the famous Executive War College on Laboratory and Pathology Management every spring.