LS Flynn & Associates is a healthcare consulting organization with expertise in all aspects of laboratory medicine. Our mission is to help optimize clinical and anatomic pathology laboratories in the hospital and commercial settings by assisting with developing and sustaining best practices. Clients consider us valued partners because our approach is to integrate our experience within the hospital and laboratory leadership teams. Our main areas of expertise include strategic planning, process improvement, regulatory and compliance, technology planning, financial modeling, point-of-care optimization, facilities and safety planning, interim management, and outreach development. Please visit our website lsflynn.com for additional information and client listing.
KEY AREAS OF SERVICE
- Customized solutions for implementing laboratory best practices using Lean tools and techniques
- Productivity and cost benchmarks with peer comparisons based upon validated and verified laboratory data
- Interim directors and managers who can provide the momentum to lead key laboratory initiatives and projects
- Financial and consolidation modeling tools to allow “what-if” scenarios to help with decision-making and reduce risk
- Regulatory and compliance support to ensure that the laboratory is “inspection-ready” at all times with mock inspections to prepare for AABB, CAP, CLIA, CMS, and TJC
- Facilities and design tools to optimize workflow and processes
- Proven experts in all laboratory disciplines, including blood bank, chemistry, hematology, coagulation, microbiology, molecular (including COVID), histology and cytology
Process Improvement and Redesign – Lean tools and techniques are used to reduce non-valued added practices/steps to help optimize the laboratory labor requirements and reduce turn around time.
Technology Review –Align test menus and services in terms of growth and functionality to current and future instrumentation and equipment requirements to support long term planning for capital needs
Regulatory and Compliance – Expertise in preparing and participating in government and industry inspection surveys providing advice on responding to citations and building sound plans for correction
Benchmarking with Peer Comparisons – Laboratory operational and financial data are analyzed to quantify productivity and cost efficiency. The data is vetted for accuracy and then compared to peer groups in our database.
Interim Management – Experienced laboratory directors are available to support the operations for both short- and longer-term engagements to ensure that key initiatives and projects stay on track and are completed on a timely basis
The Executive War College 2019 Presentation
Rethinking Lab Testing Services at Your Hospital or Health Network: Helping Your Digital Pathology Revolution Understand the Opportunities and Pitfalls of Keeping Versus Selling/Outsourcing the Hospital Laboratory
Linda S. Flynn, MS, MBA, MT(ASCP)SBB, Six Sigma Green Belt
William “Bill” Evans, MS, MBA, CFA, Six Sigma Green Belt