Reality Check on the True Cost of Recurring Bad Quality in Your Lab—How to Find It, Fix It, and Sustain Major Cost Savings
Webinar held Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 1:00 PM EST
Find out what may not be working in your lab—and learn the true costs of those errors! Hear from the experts the secrets of delivering high quality, while achieving significantly lower costs!
Cost-cutting is a priority activity at every clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology practice across the United States and everyone knows why. It’s because hospitals are shrinking lab budgets and payers are relentlessly paying less money for lab tests!
Confronted with shrinking budgets and falling revenue, lab managers are doing the rational thing by putting more resources into cutting costs, improving staff productivity, and reducing errors. But many approaches to reducing a lab’s cost are band-aids—temporary ‘solutions’ to deeper problems that cost the lab big dollars, and which go unrecognized and unmeasured.
For example, it is quick and easy to reduce staff hours to save money. But it is the sources of recurring bad quality that trigger waste and devour resources every day on every shift, as the remaining staff are forced to deal with these problems.
Did you realize that sources of recurring bad quality can eat between 8% and 15% of your core lab’s labor costs—day in and day out? That’s because most lab teams lack training in two essential skills: how to recognize recurring bad quality, and how to permanently fix those problems.
The urgent need for smart cost-cutting is why it is timely for all lab managers to gain proficiency in recognizing recurring bad quality, along with the steps needed to eliminate its sources in the daily operation of their labs.
This knowledge, plus vital techniques and tools for implementation will be presented during “Reality Check on the True Cost of Recurring Bad Quality in Your Lab—How to Find It, Fix It, and Sustain Major Cost Savings,” a special webinar taking place Tuesday, February 21, at 1 PM EST.
During this webinar, you’ll hear from two leading experts in laboratory operational improvement and quality management solutions. From Laboratories Made Better! P.C., there’s Lucia M. Berte, whose commitment to reducing laboratory problems that affect quality and patient safety spans more than 20 years.
Also presenting is Anne T. Daley, President of Daley Consulting, LLC, whose experience in the clinical and anatomic pathology laboratories area is rich and varied, ranging from workflow analysis, to spacial design, to cost containment and more.
This is a must-attend session for every laboratory manager and administrator. It deals with the reality of recurring bad quality in your laboratory—how to identify it, how to correct it, and achieve dramatic cost savings!
This is a webinar guaranteed to be chock-full of essential information, with practical solutions designed to be immediately actionable by you and your staff.
Register now for this important webinar and learn the secrets to reducing
failure costs and improving both quality and patient outcomes
- Master the most effective ways to identify the sources of recurring bad quality in your lab
- Understand how to accurately measure sources of recurring bad quality in your lab and calculate your potential savings from fixing those problems
- Acquire the knowledge to identify systemic failures external to the lab that generate waste and cause ongoing errors, and how to correct them
- Learn why your laboratory budget does not have a “failure costs” category and how those expenses are added to the current operational budget and performance of your lab
- Know the four primary sources of bad quality costs in your lab, along with key activities associated with each bad quality source
- Understand how to calculate both failure costs and quality costs, and how to use that data to guide your lab team at removing system sources of bad quality
- Link the different types of quality costs to value-added laboratory initiatives, and much more!
Best of all, at the conclusion of the presentation there will be a Q&A period during which you’ll be able to submit your own specific questions to our expert panel. This segment of the webinar represents particularly high value for your laboratory!
THE DARK REPORT WEBINAR AT A GLANCE
DATE: Tuesday, Feburary 21, 2017
TIME: 1 PM EST; 12 Noon CST; 11 AM MST; 10 AM PST
PLACE: Your computer and/or speakerphone
DVD COST: $245
TO ORDER: Click here or call 512-264-7103
What is the cost of failure in your laboratory? Plan to attend this important webinar, to identify your opportunities for improvement—opportunities that can have an immediate and positive impact in your lab!
How to Register/Order DVD:
2. Call 512-264-7103.
Your order includes:
- A site license to attend the webinar (invite as many people as you can fit around your conference table at no extra charge)
- A full transcript emailed to you soon after the conference
Order DVD Now! Or for more information, call us at 512-264-7103.